Monday, February 12, 2007

Organic speckled eggs.......with chocolate


Organic Speckled Eggs
7" x 5" coloured pencil on Canson Mi Teintes

copyright Katherine Tyrrell

Courtesy of Mr Marks and Mr Spencer. They came in a little turquoise bag and they looked so nice they begged me to buy them and put them in my next still life! OK - so I like doing eggs and I like chocolate - what can I say? Putting them in a little Chinese porcelain bowl and drawing them makes me realise that I can hold out and need not eat chocolate even when it's right in front of me! The sacrifices one makes for one's art.

I did hold two or three back just in case I needed to alter the colour balance............

Link: Small Works Gallery

Technorati tags: , , , ,

6 comments:

  1. A small jewel. Is this for sale, Ms K? (In case the marble doggy has gone the way of all flesh ;D.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doggy has not gone away - he's about to be resurrected on Canson MT which I always find makes me sketchier than HP paper. And yes this is for sale!

    Normal terms of business for small works in brief are:
    Prices for small works (inclusive of mat and postage) are:
    * image size 6" x 4" US$75/£40
    * image size 7" x 5" or 6" x 6" US$100/£50
    (but I'm open to any reasonable offer)
    * Paypal payments only accepted and required prior to despatch (contact me by e-mail for details as to payment)
    * 7 day period to accept or return work
    * I aim to despatch using airmail within 3 working days.
    (And I must remember to put these details back on my website!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this talk of chocolate - and we don't have any :( This is delightful, Katherine. I love how you've captured the glaze on the bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a stronger woman than I am Katherine; chocolate can sit in my house for a long time but break the seal of the wrapper and it is all consumed greedily by myself...lol!

    The drawing is lovely an particularly like how you have used the complimentary colours and how they intertwine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little drawing is my favorite drawing of yours. I love the composition and how you placed the darker cast shadow on the upper portion of the piece. Very nice! It's very intimate.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.