Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Top 10 Art Books in June


Who's been making a mark in the world of art books in June?  Read this post if you want to know which are the top rated and/or best selling art books in June!

Regular readers of this blog will recall I've been greatly intrigued by the listings in the categories used by Amazon and how difficult it can be to see which are the top rated and best selling art books.

As a result I've created my own listing Makingamark's Top 10 Fine Art Books which focuses on my interests of drawing, painting, artists, art business and what's new - as detailed below.

Amazon has crashed! explains why I had a terrible time yesterday trying to produce the updated list!!!  However it's now ready.


Just click a link and go straight to the catrgory of your choice and find out which I think are the top 10 art books in June!

Just a quick reminder the list that the books listed on my new information site Makingamark's Top 10 Fine Art Books are a personal interpretation of these listings and are compiled by:

  • focusing on fine art books only (ie excluding all books for children, commercial artists and photographers)
  • reviewing the category lists at Amazon - and which books are included in the category
  • ignoring all books which in my view are inappropriately categorised / do not relate to fine art
  • identifying the best selling book in the chosen categories
  • identifying the top rated book in the chosen categories
  • only listing a book once - in whichever category they rank highest
  • reviewing the listings monthly and updating in each category as appropriate
Remember this site changes every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.