Sunday, April 17, 2011

17th April 2011 - Who's made a mark this week?

I've been away for a week visiting gardens and pruning and planting and haven't had access to the Internet for nearly a week - which has been rather nice! :)  Hence the post below is a bit lop-sided and partial compared to normal.  I'm not sure how this week is going to pan out either as "he who must not be bored while I sketch" is on holiday and we should be out and about this next week.

In the meantime - here's one sketch I did last week which will be posted soon on my sketchbook blog.

Spring Garden (Cosmo meets the white cat)
11" x 16", pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils in Folio Moleskine Sketchbook
copyright Katherine Tyrell
Art Blogs

I had one of those horrible experiences of loading an image (not mine!) and corrupting the post and I lost a load of stuff for this section so I'm not sure I've remembered everything!

Tyler Green (Modern Art Notes) recently highlighted Five art-related websites you could be enjoying


Drawing and Sketching
Trees at Tate Modern
pen and sepia ink and coloured pencils on ivory coloured mountboard
copyright Katherine Tyrrell
Landscape
Painting
Chee has mastered and developed many techniques including the traditional watercolor approach, Chinese brush painting and saturated wet process, and his unique splash color, crinkling, marbleizing and mono-printing techniques. 
    Art Business and Marketing
    Art Competitions & Art Societies
    Art Exhibitions & Art Fairs

    Major Art Galleries and Museums
    Art Society exhibitions
    Other Art Galleries

    The einvite to the the Realism Show in Atlanta (featuring work by Jelaine Faunce)
    LOOP artists all demonstrate a devotion to the fine art print medium, from time-honoured traditional printmaking methods to the latest digital developments, from the simple yet elegant woodcut print to incorporating print as an element within a mixed-media sculptural work. 
        Art Galleries and Museums / Art History
        Art Education / Workshops / Tips and techniques

        Tips and Techniques
        Art Supplies
        Book reviews and ebooks
        Opinion Poll
        The headlines are:

        • USA artists spend much more on art materials/equipment & technology when compared to UK artists
        • USA artists claim more of their expenditure on art materials against tax
        Websites, webware and blogging 

        iPad Apps

        To date I've counted a few iPad apps by artists and art tutors (although I'll refrain from highlighting here those that I've tried that don't work!)  I've still to try out:
        and finally......

        This blog will notch up ONE MILLION VISITORS in the next few days.  I'm still trying to work out how long I've got to work out how to celebrate this achievement! ;)

        Any suggestions?

        3 comments:

        1. One million!! Congratulations. wow. Keep up the good work and on to the next million!
          Thanks for the link to Caulfield’s posts about keeping/storing/binning...just what I am about to do myself!

          ReplyDelete
        2. Thank you for mentioning me. A fellow artist alerted me. You have a wonderful blog and resource. I wasn't familiar with it before. I'm glad I know about it now.
          Michael Reardon

          ReplyDelete
        3. just wanted to let you know that I mentioned this post in my lastest post as a recommended blog read :) ! As always thanks for sharing such great info

          ReplyDelete

        COMMENTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED AGAIN because of too much spam.
        My blog posts are always posted to my Making A Mark Facebook Page and you can comment there if you wish.

        Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.